Global Terms and Conditions
March, 4, 2013
Terms and Conditions of Website Use
1 INFORMATION ABOUT US
Bacardi Global Brands Limited is registered in England & Wales under company number 3651489. Our registered office and main trading address is at The Steward Building, 12 Steward Street, London, E1 6FQ, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is GB 222 2530 16.
2 SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
We are extremely proud of our high quality brands, products and marketing. That pride goes hand in hand with a deep sense of responsibility and respect for the global communities that we serve and the individual consumers who enjoy our products. As part of our commitment to responsible marketing, we comply with the social responsibility policies established by DISCUS – the Distilled Spirits Council for the United States and spiritsEUROPE – the European representative body for producers of spirit drinks, which set out the principles we maintain in all of our sales and marketing activities, including advertising and promotional programmes.
3 ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis to users located in countries or other territories where the sale, advertising and consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted. We reserve the right to withdraw, amend, suspend or terminate indefinitely the services we provide on our Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your Internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
4 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property and database rights, in our Site, and in the materials published on it, including but not limited to trademarks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials, look and feel and software (including code, interface and website structure) (“Materials”) are owned by us, our subsidiaries, affiliates companies and/or any of our partners (“the Owners”). The Materials are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from any Materials on our Site.
We reserve the right to copy protect any of the Materials on our Site. Except as provided in these terms and conditions, the use of this Site does not grant you any rights, title, interest or license to any Materials you may access on this Site. Provided that you are located in a country or other territory where the sale, advertising and consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted AND you have an age at which it is legal to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages (“Legal Drinking Age”) in the country or other territory in which you are located, you may print a reasonable number of hard copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your lawful, personal, non-commercial use. Unless otherwise specifically authorised by us (by way of example only, explicit instructions such as “Click Here to Enlarge this Image”) you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any Materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text or proprietary notice. All other copying (whether in electronic, hard copy or other format) reproduction, transmission, public performance, distribution, commercial exploitation, adaptation, translation, modification, bundling, merging, sharing or making available to any person, or creation of any derivative works of our Site or the Materials on our Site is prohibited and may breach intellectual property laws and other laws worldwide.
The status of the relevant Owners (and that of any identified contributors) as the holders of rights in the Materials published on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the Materials on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us and/or, where applicable, from the relevant Owner.
5 ACCEPTABLE USE
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes and we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of the Site. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any Material which does not comply with our content standards below
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware (“Malicious Code”).
6 INTERACTIVE SERVICES
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site including, without limitation, chat rooms and forums, bulletin boards, music mix rooms, image upload features, interactive drinks functionality and interactive clubfinder. Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, whether it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will make reasonable efforts to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
7 UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
Any material you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and unless otherwise agreed in writing between us, we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material in whole or in part for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. You waive any moral rights in respect of any material you upload to our Site.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our Site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our Site if, in our sole opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards below.
8 CONTENT STANDARDS
Any and all material which you contribute to our Site must comply with the spirit of the following content standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Your contributions must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK, the US and in any country from which they are posted.
Your contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Contain sexually explicit material.
- Harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Encourage, condone, promote or glamorise under-age, excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcoholic beverages or drink driving.
- Be targeted at an under legal drinking age audience.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other proprietary right of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal or immoral activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
9 RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
10 OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
11 OUR LIABILITY
The material displayed on our Site is provided “as is” and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy, to the extent permitted by law, we and all other members of the Bacardi Group of Companies and our affiliates (the “Bacardi Group”) hereby expressly exclude and disclaim:
Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability or damages, the Bacardi Group’s liability in such jurisdictions shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All conditions, representations, or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time, and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
12 INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
The Bacardi Group may organise events in your country. We reserve the right to collect still and moving images at those events and to publish them on this Site and other websites operated by us for information purposes about our brands’ marketing activities. By accepting to be our guest at any such event, you also consent to being photographed and filmed during your attendance and grant us the right to publish your images on this Site and other websites for editorial purposes throughout the world in perpetuity without limitations and without any compensation. If your image is published on this Site or any of our websites and you disagree with its use, please ask us to remove it by writing to our Digital Director at email@example.com
13 MALICIOUS CODE, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing any Malicious Code. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
We will report any such activity by you to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack or Malicious Code that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
14 LINKING TO OUR SITE
You must not establish a link from any website to any page in our Site or frame our Site on any other site. Unless otherwise authorised in writing by us, you may not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement of any website on our part.
If you wish to make any use of Material on our Site other than that set out above, please address your request for the attention of our Digital Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15 LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
17 ENTIRE AGREEMENT
18 JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
If you are located in the U.S., these terms are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflicts of law rules, and any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or your access or use of this Site will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of New York in the State of New York, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
If you are located anywhere except the U.S., then (i) these terms are governed by English law; and (ii) the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country and (iii) these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
20 YOUR CONCERNS
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Site, please contact in writing for the attention of our Digital Director email@example.com.
March 4, 2013
1 INFORMATION ABOUT US
Bacardi Global Brand Limited is registered in England & Wales under company number 3651489 with a registered office and main trading address at The Steward Building, 12 Steward Street, London, E1 6FQ, United Kingdom (“We or us” or “BGB”). Our VAT number is GB 222 2530 16.
2 SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
We are extremely proud of our high quality brands, products and marketing. That pride goes hand in hand with a deep sense of responsibility and respect for the global communities that we serve and the individual consumers who enjoy our products. As part of our commitment to responsible marketing, We comply with the social responsibility policies established by DISCUS – the Distilled Spirits Council for the United States and spiritsEUROPE – the European representative body for producers of spirit drinks, which set out the principles we maintain in all of our sales and marketing activities, including advertising and promotional programmes.
3 DATA WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on websites operated by the companies within the Bacardi group of companies (including but not limited to BGB, Bacardi & Company Limited, their affiliates, subsidiaries, their ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (together, the “Group Companies”) (“Our Sites”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use any of Our Sites, subscribing to any services offered on our Sites including but not limited to email mailing lists, competitions, games, interactive services, posting material or requesting further services. That information will usually include your name or a username and your email address, though from time to time some of the services we provide may mean that we ask you for more information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by a Group Company, and when you report a problem with any of our Sites;
- The correct country or other territory in which you are located or are accessing Our Sites and your correct date of birth, which We require that you submit accurately to ensure that you do not access Our Sites if you are not of a legal age for consuming alcoholic beverages in the country or other territory in which you are located or are accessing Our Sites;
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence;
- A Group Company may also ask you to complete surveys to be used for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of any transactions you carry out through any of Our Sites and of the fulfilment of any orders by you; and
- Details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
- Any information we may collect about you from third party or off-line sources, and which we may combine with information collected via our Sites.
4 IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer (including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Our Internet servers may also keep track of the number of visitors to our Sites, the pages they visited and how long they stayed. None of this information includes any personal information about you.
5 WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Possible payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as a part of a registration scheme or a security procedure to enable you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. In particular, you should not share your password with anyone who is not of Legal Drinking Age in the country or other territory in which you are located or are accessing our Sites or to anyone in a country or other territory where use of our Sites is not permitted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to any of our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6 OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
We also reserve the right to share information with other organisations in the following situations:
- As permitted by law in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violation of our intellectual property rights, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violation of Bacardi’s Global User Terms and Conditions or other agreements, or as required by law;
- When we have your consent to do so;
- When we need to share information to provide any product or service you have requested; and
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by appropriate electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
7 DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Bacardi Global Brands Limited
The Steward Building
12 Steward Street
We may also disclose your personal information to the following selected third parties:
- Our advertising and promotional agencies and consultants and those organisations selected by us to carry out marketing campaigns or email mailings on our behalf, or analyse or evaluate our data collection process or customer service fulfilment;
- Unaffiliated service providers with whom the Group Companies may subcontract, including advertising and promotional agencies, website hosting companies, fulfilment companies and other third party service providers;
- Unaffiliated partner organisations with whom we may carry out joint campaigns or events, or operate the Site on which information about you is collected. In certain circumstances, those organisations may be joint data controllers of your information, together with BGB. The Site page on which you submit your information will tell you when this is the case;
- The prospective seller or buyer (other than a Group Company) of any Group Company’s business or assets, including where a Group Company or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party other than another Group Company, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Bacardi Global User Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Group Companies, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8 YOUR RIGHTS
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you at any time decide that you do not want to be contacted for any purpose or if you would like to obtain a copy of the personal information about you gathered by our Sites or correct or delete such information from our Sites’ databases, you can contact us by writing to our Digital Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, creative partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our Sites are designed to appeal to adults. We do not knowingly solicit any information from children nor do we knowingly market or otherwise target our Sites or its products or services to children. If we become aware that a visitor to our Sites is under the Legal Drinking Age in the country or other territory in which he or she is located at the relevant time and has registered without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personal information from our files.
Bacardi Global Brands Limited
The Steward Building
12 Steward Street
March 4, 2013
1 WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHAT DO THEY DO?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies.
Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed and the time spent at our Website.
For further details on cookies, please visit All About Cookies where you can find comprehensive information on cookies and similar technologies.
4 WHAT HAPPENS IF I BLOCK COOKIES?
In order to use certain services offered through our Website, your web browser must accept cookies. If you choose to withhold consent, or subsequently block cookies, some aspects of the Website may not work properly and you may not be able to access all or part of our Website.
If access to our Website requires you to enter your date of birth and country, cookies allow us to remember the data you have entered, so that we do not need to ask you to re-enter them every time you browse to a different page of the Website.
We also use “Webtrend Analytics” type of cookies which, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of our Website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that we can improve our Website and better serve our customers. We do not generally store any personal information that you provide to us in a cookie. The purpose of Webtrend Analytics cookies is storing information such as the time you visit the Website, and whether you have visited it before (and the website that you visited prior to visiting our ebsite). For further information about Webtrends Analytics cookies please see here: Webtrends Analytics
We may also use “Social Media” cookies to personalise your interaction with third party social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook where our Website uses such features. Such cookies recognise users of these social media sites when you view social media content on our Website. They also allow you to quickly share content across media, through the use of simple “sharing” buttons. We use the following Social Media cookies: Twitter , FaceBook, WebTrends, Google Analytics.
Most of our cookies expire within 30 days, although our analytics cookies may persist for between 2 and 10 years.